Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Abstractions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencie

In this tutorial you will learn how to get rid of this Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Abstractions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified error. Today when I tried to run one of my .aspx page in my web project while using visual studio 2008, I got this error. In my this .aspx page I am using JSON (JavaScript Object Notation) and for JSON to work properly I was using System.Web.Services namespace.


I am giving all these details because I was not getting such error when I tried to run any of my .aspx webpage that was not using JSON technology. So lets have a look over how to solve this problem.


You just have to install .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack and that's it. You can download the .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 microsoft website using this link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en


If you found this link broken then go to google.com and search Download .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack


Note:- In this example i am getting error about version 3.5.0.0 that's why i am installing .Net framework version 3.5. Check your framework version mentioned in error.


So this is the way to get rid of this Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Abstractions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. nasty error.

0 comments: