Mozilla releases firefox 6.0. Despite being less than two months old, Firefox 5 is now back at home. Mozilla released Firefox 6.0 on August 16, 2011. There are a number of bug-fixes in new version, also the list of new features is fairly lightweight.The latest version of Firefox has the following changes:
Whats new in firefox 6
- Firefox 6 highlights a site’s domain in the address bar
- Streamlined the look of the site identity block
- Support for the latest draft version of WebSockets has been added with a prefixed API
- Support for EventSource / server-sent events has been added.
- Support for window.matchMedia has been added.
- Usability of the Web Console has been improved
- Added a new Web Developer menu item and moved development-related items into it
- Improved the discoverability of Firefox Sync
- Reduced browser startup time when using Panorama
- Fixed several stability and security issues
More HTML5, CSS3 and DOM Support in Firefox 6
Web developers will able to adopt the following HTML5 technologies in Firefox 6:
- CSS3 border-radius can be applied to iframes.
- Text decorations such as underlines, overlines and strike-throughs can now be styled in CSS using -moz-text-decoration-line (none, underline, overline, line-through), -moz-text-decoration-style (inherit, solid, double, dotted, dashed, wavy) and -moz-text-decoration-color properties.
- The progress tag for graphical progress bars has been added. Colors can be styled with the ::-moz-progress-bar pseudo-element.
- Touch event support for touch-sensitive screens and trackpads has been included.
- A new -moz-orient property allows you to set some elements, such as progress bars, to horizontal or vertical orientation.
- The track element is supported so you can apply text tracks to native video and audio.
- Using the window.matchMedia() method, the result of a media query string can be evaluated programmatically .
- Custom data attributes (data-*) can now be accessed via the DOM’s element.dataset property.
- Early support for Server-Sent Events has been implemented. This API permits push notifications from the server in the form of DOM events.
- The new -moz-hyphens property lets you control how hyphenation of words is handled during line wrapping (none, manual, auto).