People want to use ms sql server with php when they have web application that is dealing with very big database, means there are almost un countable records and also they have their own web server.
So lets follow these basics step to configure php with ms sql server accurately.
One thing more, There are two methods to configure microsoft sql server with php, But i recommend you to use Method 1 because it is too simple and it don't care whether you have configuration tools like SQL SERVER CONFIGURATION MANAGER installed or not?
Method 1 to configure php with ms sql server
1) Download the latest version of ntwdblib.dll from reliable resource aviliable in the internet.
2) Put this ntwdblib.dll in C:\Windows and C:\Windows\System32 folders.
3) Go to php.ini file that you placed in the C:\Windows folder during the installation of php and un comment this line extension=php_mssql.dll by removing preceeding semi-colon.
4) Reboot your system
Method 2 to configure php with ms sql server
1)Go to your windows start up Microsoft Sql Server 2005 ->Configuration Tools-> SQL Server Configuration Manager
2) Now expand Sql Server 2005 Network Configuration and then Click Over "Protocols for MSSQL SERVER" then Enable Piplelines and TCP/IP
3) Repeat this process for Protocols for SQLEXPRESS
4) Now click over refresh button and Close the Configuration Manager
5) Go to Run > CMD > and then write NET START SQLBROWSER
6) Go to php.ini file that you placed in the C:\Windows folder during the installation of php and un comment this line extension=php_mssql.dll by removing preceeding semi-colon.
7) Reboot your system